EQUIPMENT SALES & SERVICE LIMITED ACCESSIBILITY STANDARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Equipment Sales & Service Limited (“ESS”) is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to facilities for customers with disabilities at any of our locations, ESS will notify customers with a clearly posted notice at affected facilities.
ESS will provide training to all its employees who deal with the public so that they may understand how to assist people with disabilities.
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- ESS’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing ESS’s goods or services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way ESS provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail or call ESS.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to Jarek Norski or Michael Kashty.
Customers can expect to hear back in 5 days.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of ESS that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.